No Download Free Online Blackjack Games Guides
Real money blackjack is great and what could be better than winning big cash prizes. How about free online blackjack games for real money? Blackjack is one of the most popular online casino games and on this page, we want to tell you all about how you can play for free with no download and no registration required. We explain the rules and offer you the best tips and strategies for winning cash as well as where to find the best blackjack bonus offers.
Play Blackjack Online for Free
If you're new to blackjack or you want to test out a new strategy, the best way to do this is to play for fun or free. There are lots of sites and online casinos that allow Canadian players to enjoy risk-free gaming with no download required. You can play as many games as you like and practice for as long as it takes to hone your skill. Why risk your own money when you don't have to? Play free online blackjack today and learn everything you need to know.
Rules of the Game
Blackjack is a card game where you aim is to get 21 or less with your cards whilst beating the dealer. There aren't that many rules to learn. You receive two cards face up and the dealer gets one. You then have to decide whether to hit and ask for another card or to stand and force the dealer to make the next move. If your cards add up to more than 21 you lose. If you get below 21 and the dealer gets more than you, the dealer wins. When playing online blackjack, cards 2 through 10 are worth their face value. An Ace is worth either 1 or 11, whichever is more advantageous. When an Ace is counted as 11, it is called a "soft" hand. When an Ace is counted as 1, it is called a "hard" hand. Below we explain further about the blackjack game process.
How to Play Blackjack for Fun
Blackjack is one of the most played games at any casino online or land-based. It is very easy to play and the goal is simple. It is a card game where you try to get as close to 21 without going over, whilst still having a higher hand than the dealer. If the dealer goes over 21 he is bust and the same is true for the player. Sounds easy right? There are, however, a few rules that you need to learn before you play for real money and that is why playing free online games is a great way to start your blackjack journey.
In online blackjack games, Canadian players get two cards face up. The dealer then gets two cards. One of these is face up the other is face down. Players can see their cards and calculate their value. They must decide whether to hit, stand, split, or double down. To hit means to ask the dealer for another card. If you stand you keep the cards you have and don't receive any more. If you split, you split your hand into two separate hands. If you double down you receive just one card and you don't have the option to take another. Once you've made your decision, the dealer will reveal his face down card and you get to see who wins. There are different payouts for different wins and the dealer must always hit on any hand valued at 16 or below. A regular win pays out at 1:1. A blackjack win pays out at 3:2. You get a blackjack win if you get a total score of 21. Another thing to be aware of is insurance on your bets. If the dealer shows an Ace as their face-up card, you will be offered insurance. This protects you in case the dealer has a card valued at 10. Some online casinos require the dealer to hit on a soft 17 and to stand on a hard 17 so be sure to check this rule. You also have the option to surrender in many online blackjack games. If you think you are going to lose you can choose to surrender half your bet rather than losing all your money.
How to Bet
Betting on online blackjack games is easy. Before the cards are dealt, you choose how much money you want to bet on a hand. The available betting ranges will depend on the online casino you are playing at, but the most common bets are $1, $5, $25, and $100. Once you've placed your bet, you click on the deal button to receive your cards.
Strategies on How to Win Real Canadian Money
It's very easy to go through your bankroll quite quickly when playing online blackjack, especially if you're not being smart about your gambling. Below you will find our top tips and strategies for playing online blackjack for real money.
- Don't bet beyond your budget. Set a budget before you start playing and stick to it.
- Learn and memorise the basic strategy. The basic strategy is a guide that tells you exactly what to do for every card you get in your blackjack game. You can learn how to use this by playing free games. Beginning players should keep a copy of the basic strategy open beside them when playing for real money.
- Never split two face cards. This is a mistake that a lot of new Canadian players make. They think that splitting face cards and ten can help to double their profits but it can work the opposite way. Face cards are worth 10 points each and you risk the chance of winning with 20 if you split them.
- Always split Aces and 8s. A pair of 8s is worth 16 and by splitting these you are hoping to get a face card. Even a low card such as 1, 2, or 3 are good cards to draw with an 8 as it still gives you plenty of chances to win. A pair of Aces is not good either as you either have a value of 12 or 2, so it is better to split them and hope you draw a 7, 8, 9, or 10.
- Play free games and practice all the tips and strategies before playing for real money.
- Make the most of casinos bonuses.
- Always play at a reputable online casino.
Online Blackjack Bonuses
Online blackjack bonuses are a great way to enjoy free games whilst winning real money. All online casinos offer a welcome bonus for new players and there are some Canadian casinos that offer special blackjack bonuses. These are great and you can use them to play free games and boost your bankroll. We list the best blackjack bonuses here on our site so be sure to check back often for the latest deals.
Glossary of Terms
- Basic Strategy: A set of rules that shows you what decision to make no matter what cards you draw.
- Blackjack: Used to describe a specific hand that contains an Ace and any card valued at 10. It gives players the highest payout.
- Bust: Any hand that has a value over 21
- Double: an optional bet where a player may double their initial stake and receive one further card.
- Draw: An alternative phrase for the term hit. To get another card dealt to your hand
- Early Surrender: A rule that allows players to surrender before the dealer has checked for blackjack. You lose half your wager.
- Even Money: If a player has a blackjack in their hand and the dealer is showing a ten or Ace, he can guarantee an even money return on his hand by taking the insurance bet.
- Face Cards: A term for jacks, queens, and kings.
- Hard Hand: Any hand that has no Ace or has an Ace that is being counted as one.
- Hit: To get another card dealt to your hand
- Hole Card: The dealer's face down card during the initial deal
- House Edge: The advantage that the casino has over the player. The house edge in blackjack depends on the rules and variations that are being played.
- Insurance: An optional bet of up to half your initial wager which pays 2:1 if the dealer has a blackjack. The insurance bet is only available when the dealer's upcard is an ace.
- Push: A tied hand. When this happens the player receives their initial bet back.
- Soft Hand: Any hand that counts an Ace as 11.
- Split: To create two new hands from a hand that has two cards of equal value.
- Stand: To receive no more cards from the dealer.
- Surrender: To forfeit a hand and half your wager after the first two cards have been dealt.
- Up Card: The dealer's face-up card on the initial deal.
Now that you know the rules of online blackjack, have read the strategies and the glossary of terms, the next step is to check out all the great free online blackjack games available for Canada with no download and no signup required. You can use these games to practice and learn the rules of the game. When you decide to play for real money, be sure to check out the great blackjack casino bonuses we have listed here on our site.