If you are looking for an online casino in Quebec there is a lot of choice in our Quebec online casino guide for 2018. Residents in Quebec tend to speak French which means this should be one of your main priorities when looking for a legal Quebec online casino. Our featured sites use software that is available in both English and French while playing real money games. Quebec is one of the most progressive Canadian provinces and they have their own provincially run site called EspaceJeux too. Before we provide you with any more information, let's take a quick look at some of the key facts for online casinos in Quebec.
Key Facts About Online Casinos in Quebec
- The legal gambling age in Quebec is 18
- Most of the residents in this province prefer to speak French
- Winnings acquired from real money wagers are tax free unless you meet specific exceptions to this rule such.
- Online gambling in this province has an excellent future
Legal Gambling in Quebec
Quebec is a French speaking region and games of chance are controlled by the Régie des alcools, des courses, des jeux (RACJ) or in English, the Alcohol, Racing and Gaming Control Commission (Unofficial). This body regulates horse racing, lotteries, video lotteries, and publicity contest within the province. In 1969 Loto-Quebec was established. They operate three casinos in the province and also administer video lottery systems and network bingo activities. This establishment also has a number of different divisions which are: Société des casinos, Société des loteries vidéo and Société des bingos. Online gambling was officially legalised on the 26th of January 2010, when the government authorized the Société des loteries du Québec to provide it to the residents of the province. EspaceJeux is the official online gambling site for the region and it was launched on the 1st of December 2010. This allowed poker fans in Quebec to compete with players from British Columbia. The site offers legal real money wagering online in slots, blackjack, roulette, and more. Online gambling is legal throughout Canada and for more information please see our legal casino page.
EspaceJeux - The Official Provincially Run Quebec Online Casino
Loto-Quebec runs EspaceJeux. This is the official licensed, legal, and regulated brand for this province. The site was launched in December 2010 and offers online gambling on games such as slots, blackjack, roulette, table games, poker, sports betting, and an online sportsbook. Lottery and other fun games are also included. Although the site has a large budget researchers found by the end of 2014 that the site just wasn't having a big enough impact and wasn't creating notable revenue for the government. The recommendation was given to introduce a licensing process for foreign operators but in March 2015 the government disclosed that they were planning to enforce ISP's to block their citizens from viewing foreign operator sites. The province is however still considering a license for private operators such as Poker Stars.
EspaceJeux uses Spielo G2 software as their main provider and has an excellent offering of casino games such as slots, progressive slots, table games and more. They use a number of different software providers to ensure that residents get the best games including Endemol Games, GTECH G2, IGT Interactive, OpenBet, and Microgaming. The site also runs on the Canadian Poker Network (CPN) and is very popular with online poker enthusiasts. The software is also mobile compatible which is a big plus. The sites primary language is French but game play in English is also available. There is a download and no download instant play flash casino available.
EspaceJeux vs International Online Casinos That Allow Players From Canada
Despite the introduction of a legal online casino in Quebec, residents still seem to be looking at international sites for real money gaming. The difference between the products and promotions being offered by EspaceJeux and international brands could be the reason why these regulated international online casinos that accept players from Canada are proving so popular. There are so many regulated sites online to choose from and those that accept Canadian players offer play in CAD, have multiple languages including French, and toll free customer support numbers. Through our comparison of Espace Jeux and international casinos we have found that there are a number of advantages to looking further afield than the provincially run site and these include:
- Better Software and Game Choice: EspaceJeux has a good selection of games but when compared with legal international sites you can see the difference. The international sites have hundreds of the latest video slots to choose from as well as live dealer games too. The top brands also have dedicated mobile apps and the software is compatible with all operating systems. EspaceJeux has this to but the game selection is limited by their regulations and licensing agreements.
- Bonuses and Promotions: EspaceJeux doesn't have any sign up bonuses for residents of Quebec which is a big shame. Bonuses are a huge incentive for players and international sites offer free spins, no deposit bonuses, ongoing promotions, reload deals, cash back specials, VIP programs and more. Players can receive anything from $100 to $1000 CAD when they sign up for a real player account which is why they are still such a popular choice. They also have a free play option so players can test out the games they offer risk free.
- Higher Progressive Jackpots: International online casinos allow players from all over the world and this means that there are a lot more players to contribute towards progressive jackpots. At Espace Jeux, only residents of Quebec can register and play, which means a smaller pool of players and smaller progressive jackpots. International sites can make you an instant millionaire if you get a lucky spin.
Best Quebec Online Casinos for 2018
As with the rest of Canada, Quebec online casinos are completely legal. We only list the best of the best here on our site and all our casino reviews have passed our strict criteria to make it onto our site. We look at everything from history and complaints, to software and bonuses to ensure that you get exactly what you are looking for. The casinos we list have real money gambling on slots, blackjack, roulette, video poker, and more. They allow you to make deposits and withdrawals in your own currency and language, and they accept all major payment options too. Below is our list of top online casinos for residents of Quebec.
Quebec Online Casino - Frequently Asked Questions
- Is gambling legal in Quebec? Gambling in Quebec is legal and there are lots of great online casinos for players to choose from. Espace Jeux is the provincially run site and only residents of the province can register. Regulated and licensed international casinos are also an option and many of these accept players from Canada and all its provinces.
- What is the legal gambling age in Quebec? The legal gambling age in Quebec is 18. The standard age in Canada is 19 and this makes this province very popular.
- Are the casinos regulated? Loto-Quebec runs EspaceJeux. There are local provincial gambling regulations as well as national laws that must be adhered to. All the international casinos that we recommend are licensed and regulated and safe to play at.
- What about taxes? The gambling laws in Quebec don't require that you pay taxes on your winnings. There are a couple of exceptions to this. If you are a professional gambler and your living wage comes from your winnings you will be required to pay taxes on them.
- Do I have to live in Quebec to play at EspaceJeux? Yes. If you wish to register for an account at Espace Jeux you must be a resident in Quebec.
- How do I know the casino is safe? It is important that you choose your online casino carefully. We recommend that you read our casino reviews and check the certification and licensing of the site before signing up for an account.
- Are there any benefits to playing at international sites that accept players from Canada? Yes there are. These benefits include sign up bonuses, free spins, no deposit offers, massive progressive jackpots, the latest slots games and more.
- How do I fund my Ontario online casino account? You can use your credit or debit card to add funds to your account or withdraw your winnings. A lot of the top casinos also offer eChecks and Instadebit specifically for players from Canada.