Our Top Canadian Online Casinos Review for 2023
- Top Casino Online
- Created +++ Millionaires in CA
- Safe, Reputable & Trusted
- Top Microgaming Casino
- Deposit $1, Get 80 Free Spins
- Huge Progressive Jackpots
- Canada's #1 Online Casino
- As Seen On TV
- Best for High Rollers
- Very Fast Payouts
- 1000+ Casino Games
- Visit Vegas From Home
- Largest Worldwide Casino Online
- 80 Free Spins After Deposit
- Moneyback on Every Bet
- 22 No Deposit Free Spins
- King of Mobile Casino
- Sweden's Biggest Brand
- New Casino in Canada
- 2000+ Online Slots
- Win A Ferrari Promo
- Oldest Canadian Casino Site
- Use 50 Free Spins After Deposit
- Fast and Secure Payouts
- Exciting CA Casino
- Trusted Banking Methods
- Mobile, Tablet, Desktop
- 2500+ Casino Games
- Fair Terms and Conditions
- Excellent Live Dealer Platform
Casino Site Strict Rating & Review Criteria
Choosing the right casino online to play at in 2023 may seem daunting and at times frustrating. All the brands promise everything you want, but it doesn't always turn out to be true. This is where our expert reviews can help. We go beneath the surface and follow strict rating criteria that ensures nothing gets missed. Every gambling establishment is put through our rigorous testing and only those that meet our criteria are reviewed and recommended. We look at licensing and regulations, safety & security, banking options, mobile compatibility, software providers and games, bonuses and promotions for both new and regular players, and more. We register real player accounts and test out the casino on all devices to ensure that it really is what it promises to be. Below are some of the main features we check when it comes to listing legit and trusted real money online casino Canada sites for 2023.
- Licensing & Regulation: Licensing and regulation is important for safe gambling. All our recommended brands are licensed and regulated by reputable authorities which ensures you get a safe, fair, trusted, and reliable establishment to play at.
- Casino Software and Games: The games available and software being used at your chosen brand is important. We check the number of titles available for Canucks and this includes slots, table games, live dealer options, and more. We also check the software providers and you can read our reviews of the best Microgaming online casinos or other software providers to narrow down your choices.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Bonuses are often what attracts new players to register and signup for a new account. Our review team checks the bonus terms and conditions to ensure they are fair. Players can take advantage of no deposit sign up bonus codes, welcome packages, reloads, cashback, loyalty programs, and more. We recommend the most generous offers for our CA readers.
- CA Friendly Banking Options: When it comes to depositing and withdrawing at the top online casinos in Canada you need to feel safe sharing your financial information. We check for the most popular banking methods including Interac and Instadebit and ensure you can deposit and withdraw using CAD.
- Casino Customer Support: If you have any issues with your casino account you need to be able to get help right away. We review the customer support options and look for 24/7 support via live chat, email, and telephone. Our team submits questions to the support staff to assess the promptness of replies as well as the knowledge the support staff have. All our listed best online casinos for Canada offer friendly and prompt support features.
- Mobile Optimization: In 2023, more and more Canucks prefer to gamble on their mobile devices. This means it's essential that the best online casinos offer mobile apps for iOS and Android as well as an in-browser instant play option with no download required. We check this for you and include mobile casino information in our review too.
Top Online Casino Rated by Category
Choosing the best online casino for Canada in 2023 doesn't have to be difficult and to make it even easier, we've created the table below to show you the best brands based on several categories.
New Casino Reviews Written By Canadians For Canadians
The lastest casino sites to hit the Canadian market in 2023 are reviewed, vetted and listed here for our visitors to consider trying something new (or avoiding it). If you don't find the brand you're searching for, dig into our dedicated page that lists all of the new reviews we have in 2023 - see more new casinos here.
Free Casino Games Vs Real Money Casinos
In 2023, Canucks have the option to play for free as well as playing for real money. In the majority of cases, you will need to register for an account and verify your information to be able to play the variety of titles in demo mode. This is usually referred to as the fun play option. It's a great way to learn the rules and understand the game before funding your account. The big drawback, however, is that you can't cashout your winnings if you hit the jackpot. You are playing with virtual credits only. If you want to keep your winnings while playing free games, there is an option available and that is by using a no deposit bonus.
When you make a deposit and fund your account at a Canada online casino, you get to enjoy real money games and win cash jackpots. What you win is yours to keep but as with all gambling there is a risk of loss. When you deposit funds, you also have the opportunity to claim generous bonuses which will boost your bankroll and allow you to play even more great games. You also get to play for huge jackpots such as progressive jackpot slots. Bonuses are only available to real money players and below we list the pros and cons Canucks receive from online casino bonuses.
Pros and Cons of Using Casino Bonuses
- No deposit bonuses let you play free and win real money.
- Double or triple your bankroll with every deposit you make extending your gameplay opportunities.
- Try out new and popular titles with free money.
- Short expiry dates especially on free spins mean you have to use them right away.
- High wagering requirements can be difficult to clear.
- You have to adhere to strict bonus terms including how much you can bet.
Best Online Casino Bonuses For CA - What Players Can Expect in 2023
If you intend to play at any of our recommended casinos accepting online players from Canada in 2023 you'll be treated to a generous bonus offer. Bonuses are often the deciding factor when choosing a site to play at. All our recommended brands offer attractive bonuses and promotions that boost your gambling experience and whether you are looking for a cash or spins offer, a generous welcome package, or a superb first deposit offer, you'll find all the information you need right here. Below is an overview of the different types of CA casino bonuses for online players.
No Deposit Chips
No deposit cash or chips are a great way to enjoy some free casino games and win real money without having to fund your account at Canadian online casino sites. With free cash offers you can expect to receive between $10 and $20 that you can then use to play slots, table and card games, and more. You can keep what you win once you meet the wagering requirements and some of our reccomended no deposit free bonus offers are listed in the table below.
Free Spins with No Deposit
No deposit free spins are the second type of offer you'll find at online casino sites for Canada in 2023. Free spins as the name suggests can only be used on slot machines and you can find great offers between 10 and 200 spins. You can play the latest and most popular titles and you can keep what you win once you clear the wagering requirements set out in the terms and conditions. The spins can be tied to a specific slot machine or a selection of titles from a specific software provider. Check out the table below for some of our top recommended deals.
Don't Miss These No Deposit Bonus Deals
- Energy Casino No Deposit Chip $7 Free Casino Chip Exclusively for Online-Casinos.ca, Energy Casino offers all new sign-ups a $7 free chip to test the new CA casino site.
- 888 No Deposit Free Spins Bonus 88 Free Spins on Slots One of the longest standing online casinos in Canada is now offering 88 free spins to play it's online slot machines for the chance to win big.
- Raging Bull No Deposit Bonus $50 Free Chip Bonus This notorious USA casino site has opened it's doors to it's Northern Neighbours and it's opening with a splash! Splashing the pot with a $50 dollar NDB.
New Player Casino Signup/Welcome Bonuses
The new player casino signup bonus is available to newly registered players after they make their first deposit. There are two main types for 2023 which are signup first deposit bonuses and welcome packages. Both of these are explained below and are available at the brands we've reviewed and recommended.
- First Deposit Signup Bonus: This casino bonus is a match percentage given when you first fund your new casino account. You can receive between 100% and 300% on your initial deposit and what's more, many of our best casino sites online for Canada in 2023 have a low minimum deposit of just $10. If you are looking for a way to double, triple, or even quadruple your first deposit be sure to check out the amazing deals in the table below.
- Welcome Packages: Welcome packages are the most generous of all the casino bonuses. This is where you receive a match bonus over several deposits. Many operators also include free spins with the offer. You might see a welcome package of $1,000 plus 300 spins. This is a great way to enjoy some complimentary spins as well as a bankroll boost when you signup with a new casino. Check out the offers available at our recommended CA online casinos in the table below.
Best CA Online Casino Sign Up Deposit Bonuses
Regular Player Promotions
Once you've redeemed your new player bonus, the best online casinos in Canada will continue to treat you with various promotions on a regular basis. Some operators have an offer you can claim every time you fund your account. Below are the regular player promotions you can expect to find at Canadian online casino sites in 2023.
- Reloads: Existing players will find reload bonuses offered on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. These are match percentages that range from 25% up to 100% when you make a deposit. There are reloads for free spins too. Reloads are a great way to boost your bankroll with every deposit you make.
- Cashback: The best brands offer cashback on your losses. The percentage amount can range from 10% up to 25% and they are available on a weekly or monthly basis. To be eligible you have to have made a real money deposit during the cashback period.
- Refer A Friend: If you enjoy what you find for Canadians at any online casino brand and you'd like to recommend it to a friend, you'll receive a special bonus when they register and deposit for the first time. You can redeem this offer as many times as you like and it's a great way to get some extra cash to play with too.
- Loyalty & VIP Rewards: Loyalty & VIP Rewards programs reward players with special bonuses to enhance their gaming experience. This can include exclusive giveaways, higher withdrawal limits, faster withdrawals, and more. You can unlock special offers as you collect points for every real money wager you make and the higher you climb through the tiers, the better your rewards.
Always Check The Bonus Terms
No matter what type of bonus you choose to claim, there will be terms and conditions that you need to adhere to at Canadian online casinos. These include wagering requirements, allowed games, game contribution percentages, validity period, max bet, and max cashout limits. We highly recommend that you read through the bonus terms before redeeming any offer to make sure you understand what is required. Failure to meet the terms can result in you voiding your bonus and forfeiting any winnings you may have accumulated.
Top Real Money Casino Games in Canada
The best casinos we've found online open to Canadians offer a huge range of casino games that can be enjoyed on desktop and mobile or tablet devices. Our recommended sites have huge game libraries with multiple top software providers. Whether you are looking to play the latest Microgaming title or hit the tables for some blackjack or roulette fun, you'll find numerous variants to whet your appetite. The highest rated brands have it all and to make it easier we've broken things down into different categories below.
Slots make up the biggest category of real money online casino games in Canada and there are various types to choose from including 3 reel classics with fruit symbols, 5 reel video slots with bonus features to help you win more, progressive jackpots, branded titles, and even 3D games. Many of today's modern slot machines are feature-rich and will include wilds, scatters, bonus rounds, multipliers, and more to help provide a more immersive experience and the opportunity to win more. The number of paylines and the jackpots vary, and you can find out everything you need to know on our dedicated page where you can see more slots games that we recommend.
Roulette is a popular favorite among Canadians and has been around for centuries. You can choose from French, European, and American roulette at our recommended Canada casinos in 2023. Our in-depth roulette casino guide for Canada, you can see more roulette games and read all the information you need to play roulette online and win real money in 2023.
Blackjack or called 21 is one of the most popular card games and there are hundreds of exciting variants to play from leading software providers like Playtech and Microgaming. You'll even find live dealer games at our best Canadian casino online brands online in Canada. In our guide, you can see more blackjack games and get all the information you need on gameplay, betting strategies, exclusive blackjack bonuses, and more.
Video poker is a cross between a slot machine and the classic poker card game. The aim is to get the best hand possible by spinning the reels and choosing the cards to keep or discard. There are hundreds of variations to play at online casinos including the ever popular Jacks or Better. Check out our dedicated video poker page to see more video poker games, bonuses and sites to play for real cash.
Specialty games include a range of titles that don't fit into the main game categories. It's not always clear what will be included in this category but there are some that appeal to Canucks and we have included these below.
- Scratch Cards: Often called instant win games, these are the easiest to play and similar to the scratch cards you can purchase in most stores, you have to scratch off the panels to reveal matching symbols and win.
- Keno: Keno is a lottery style numbers game where you select numbers to bet on. You choose how many numbers you want and this determines your odds and the amount you could win should all your chosen numbers match. Feel free to see more keno games on our dedicated keno guide page.
- Bingo: Bingo is a popular choice and if you've played in your local bingo hall you'll know what to expect. Online bingo retains its social aspect with a chat feature so you can interact with other players and join in with moderator chat games to win credits. You can play 75 ball and 90 ball bingo games and if you match all the numbers on your bingo card you can win huge jackpots You can see more bingo games and options on our page.
New Casino Game Releases in 2023
If you're looking for something new and exciting to quench your online gambling thirsts then you'll have a lot to look forward to in 2023. The iGaming industry has been working at full speed to meet the needs of players around the world and they have several exciting titles to share. Most of these include state-of-the-art slots with top-of-the-line visuals and sounds to match - allowing you to experience gaming unlike never before!
10 Best Real Money Games To Play in 2023
Best Live Dealer Online Casinos for Canada
Live dealer games have grown in popularity over the last number of years and many Canucks prefer them due to the interaction they get to have with the professional dealers and other players. If you've ever played at any of Canada's land-based casinos (Casino Rama Resort, Casino De Mont-Tremblant, Fallsview, or the Hard Rock Casino in Vancouver) you'll know what the atmosphere is like. This is what live dealer games bring to online casinos in Canada. All the action is streamed directly to your desktop or mobile device and there are multiple camera angles, so you don't miss anything. You can enjoy everything from the comfort of your own home and there are betting limits to suit all budgets.
Live Dealer Games - The Popular Choices in 2023
Live dealer casinos online in Canada offer all your favorite table games as well as some exciting game shows. The biggest software provider is Evolution Gaming but other software providers like Playtech also have studios they stream from. Below is a list of the most popular live dealer games to play in 2023.
- Dream Catcher
- Casino Hold'em
- Dragon Tiger
- Three Card Poker
- Teen Patti
Are Live Dealer Games Better Than RNG Table Games?
This really depends on what you are looking for at Canada online casinos. If you want to experience social interaction and watch as the professional croupier spins the roulette wheel or deals the cards in blackjack, then live dealer games will be for you. The betting limits can range from $1 up to $1,000 or more and you get to interact with other players and the dealer. If on the other hand you want more variations and more titles to choose from, RNG table games will give you this. They can often allow for bigger betting limits and higher jackpots too. The choice really is yours and all our top online casino operators in Canada for 2023 give you the option of both.
LeoVegas Offers an Exclusive Live Dealer Bonus of $1,000 Cash and a $20 Golden Chip
LeoVegas is one of our top-rated CA online casinos and right now they have an exclusive live dealer bonus for all new players. Sign up and make your first deposit and you can claim a live dealer bonus of $1,000 cash and a $20 Golden Chip. Golden Chips are for Playtech's live dealers and are the equivalent of free bets. They can be used to play Speed Baccarat Live, Quantum Blackjack Plus, Mega Fire Blaze Roulette, and more. There is no expiry date for your Golden Chips and the winnings are paid out in real cash. Visit LeoVegas today to claim this special offer.
Gaming on the Go : Canadian Online Casino Mobile Apps in 2023
In 2023 over 50% of Canucks prefer to do their online gambling on their mobile. With this in mind, the top casino brands online in Canada have developed mobile optimized websites and dedicated mobile apps for both iOS and Android devices. You can do everything you can on your desktop but with more flexibility. You can signup for a new account, make deposits, get payouts, claim bonuses, access customer support, and much more. You'll even find the same variety of titles. The games are all designed using HTML5 and are fully responsive meaning they will adjust to suit the size of the screen you are playing on any option from Ontario, Manitoba and our top-rated BC casinos. They also have swipe and tap capabilities built-in.
Apple Fans Can Enjoy iOS Apps on iPhone and iPad
Fans of Apple's iOS iPhone or iPad can enjoy on the go action no matter where in the country they live. All you need is internet connection and whether that's through Rogers, Bell, or Telus, you'll be able to open the casino app and start playing. Our top iOS online casinos for Canada include Jackpotcity, LeoVegas, and Casumo, so be sure to get out the great mobile bonuses they have available in 2023.
Android Apps and APK Downloads
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet such as the Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, Asus ZenFone, HTC, Lenovo, LG, Motorola or Nokia you'll find great Android casino apps to download. Some online casino sites offer dedicated apps while others provide an APK download so be sure to check. You can play all your favorite slots and table games on the go, make deposits, cashout your winnings, and much more. Our recommended Android mobile casinos include Yukon Gold, Casino Classic, and Royal Vegas.
In-Browser No Download Instant Play
Not all Canadian online casinos in 2023 have dedicated mobile apps but they all offer a no download instant play version of the software so you can get in on the action via your mobile browser. The software will automatically adjust to suit the size of your screen and offers the same functionality as the desktop software. You can play for real money, claim bonuses, make payments, and much more.
Which is Better - App or In Browser Gameplay?
This will depend on whether or not you want to download anything onto your smart device. If you have limited space available on your mobile the no download instant play option is going to be the better option for you. The no download instant play mobile site and the mobile apps offer the same titles and features so essentially it will be a choice of whether you want to download an app or not.
Top Canadian Mobile Online Casino Sites for 2023
Software Providers Offering Online Casino Games To Canada
Software providers and the games they develop are an integral part of the best casinos in Canada. There are a number of leading software providers that most gamblers will be familiar with. Below you will find a list of the biggest software brands found at our listed and recommended brands for 2023.
NetEnt or Net Entertainment was founded in 1996. This Swedish company is best known for their innovative slot machines, and they have been rewarded for their work with numerous awards including Platform Supplier of the Year, Mobile Supplier of the Year, and Product of the Year. The Netent software is available with no download required on mobile and desktop. NetEnt's most popular titles include Starburts and Gonzo's Quest which are commonly used in free spins bonuses. NetEnt has been acquired by Evolution Gaming for a massive $2.1 billion but that doesn't mean they won't be developing more exciting game content for Canadian players. Our recommended NetEnt brand for 2023 is Royal Vegas.
Founded in 1994, Microgaming and has been at the forefront of numerous developments in the online gambling industry. It was the founder of eCOGRA, the world's leading third-party testing company. Its first branded title was released in 2005. It has featured in the Guinness World Records for the biggest progressive jackpot win and many players will be familiar with top titles like Mega Moolah, Immortal Romance, and Thunderstruck II. Microgaming was the first to embrace mobile gambling and the portfolio of games including slots, table and card games, video poker, live dealer games, and progressive jackpots. Our recommended Microgaming brand for 2023 is Captain Cooks.
Playtech is another big name when it comes to software providers in this industry. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in the Isle of Man. Playtech offers a comprehensive game suite including lottery, sports betting, live dealers, and online casino games including slots, table games, and more. The Marvel series (no longer available) propelled them to success and these progressive jackpot branded titles also brought deals with DC Comics. There are more than 600 titles available from Playtech including Gladiator, Green Lantern, Top Gun, and Age of Gods. Our recommended Playtech brand is LeoVegas where you can claim up to 200 spins when you register as a new player.
IGT was founded in 1951 and is one of the oldest software providers in the online gambling industry. The company has developed hundreds of slot machines for land-based establishments and many of those titles have also found a home online. Some of the biggest titles from IGT include Cleopatra, Cluedo, and Siberian Storm. The software is compatible with both mobile and desktop in a no download instant play format.
WMS is the oldest software provider having started back in 1943. The company made arcade games and as technology and online gambling progressed, they began creating some stunning slot machines for online gambling enthusiasts. Popular titles include branded slots like Wizard of OZ and Bruce Lee as well as their Zeus series. The games all use HTML5 technology making them compatible with mobile and desktop.
There are a number of smaller software providers that are making their mark in the online gambling industry. These companies often create unique and exciting titles and specialise in particular categories like slots. Below are some of the smaller software developers you'll find at many recognized brands in 2023.
- Amatic: Amatic has over twenty years of experience and is responsible for some excellent titles including Casanova, Aztec Secrets, Dragon's Pearl, and Frog Princess. Their unique features and stunning gameplay make them a must.
- Novomatic: Around since the 1980's, Novomatic is the software provider behind some pretty amazing titles including Book of Ra Deluxe, Dolphin's Pearl, and Sizzling Hot Deluxe.
- Play'n Go: Established in 2005 by a group of individuals with a mission to create immersive gaming content, this Swedish software developer is behind some of the most prominent slots in the industry. Titles include Book of Dead, Reactoonz, and Gemix.
- Pragmatic Play: Another Swedish developer, this company was founded in 2015. With over 300 titles available in 30 different languages, players are sure to know many of their titles including Wolf Gold, Sweet Bonanza, and Chicken Drop.
- Quickspin: Quickspin is a Swedish software provider founded in 2011 that has built up an excellent reputation for superb slot machines. Their high-quality titles have immersive storylines and unique features. Some of the popular titles you'll find include Sakura Fortune, Beowulf, and SuperNova.
Payment Methods at Best Online Casinos - Instant Deposits & Fast Withdrawal
When it comes to managing your account, you'll have access to some of the safest and reliable banking options. Whether you want to fund your account using credit or debit cards, e-wallets like Ecopayz or Instadebit, bank transfer, prepaid cards, or cryptocurrency, you'll find them available. You'll find instant deposits with no fees as well as fast withdrawal options so you can get your hands on your winnings in the quickest time possible. Below you'll find information on the most popular banking options for Canucks to use in 2023 at the best online casinos.
Visa and MasterCard are the two most popular credit/debit cards used at gambling establishments around the world. Funds are transferred immediately but you will have to be prepared to wait between 3 and 5 working days for cashouts. There can also be additional fees charged so it is important to check on this.
E-wallets are the safest way to manage your account. They also offer the fastest withdrawals. Players can choose from a variety of e-wallets including Neteller, Skrill, eCheck, Interac, Instadebit, iDebit, and more. There are no fees and withdrawals can take from 1 up to 24 hours.
- Interac : Interac is the most popular e-wallet in Canada and it also offers players a mobile wallet. It's safe and simple to use and there are no fees. Automatic account funding and super-fast payouts in less than 24 hours can be expected if you choose to use Interac.
- Instadebit : Instadebit is another popular choice among e-wallet users in Canada. Again players can enjoy automatic account funding and fast withdrawals up to 24 hours.
- eCheck : The same as a regular check only digital, the eCheck is not as popular as it once was. There are still some brands accepting it but it can take a long time as the check must clear. There are fees associated with this option too.
- Paypal : While this is one of the most used payment methods around the world, Paypal is not permitted for online gambling in Canada.
Prepaid Cards and Vouchers
Prepaid cards and vouchers like Paysafecard are the perfect choice for those that want to avoid giving out their personal information. You can purchase them at retail stores around the country so whether you're living in Hamilton, Brampton, Gatineau, St Lawrence River, or CN Tower you'll be able to buy them. You can purchase them in varying amounts from $10 up to $100 and you simply enter the pin provided in the cashier section of the operator. You will have to find other options for your payouts unless you create a Paysafecard account.
Bank wire or transfer is another option and a convenient way to add funds to your account. Transfers are usually automatic but withdrawals can take up to 5 business days. Most of the popular banks including TD Canada Trust, CIBC, Royal Bank, BMO and Scotiabank allow you to fund your account. All you have to do is enter your banking details and the amount you want to deposit or withdraw in the cashier section.
Cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Bitcoin are a popular option for those that want to remain anonymous. Whether you choose one of our trusted bitcoin casinos for Canada or our featured safe Ethereum casinos for Canadians you'll be able to make instant deposits and withdrawals without any of your information being shared.
How To Deposit & Withdraw Winnings at Canadian Casinos Online
- Choose one of our recommended online casino Canada sites and create a new player account.
- Login to your account and visit the cashier section.
- Select the banking method you wish to use from the list given.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and fill in all the details required including the amount you wish to add to your account.
- Your funds will be added to your account, and you can begin playing real money titles. If you have opted to receive a bonus this will also be added to your account automatically.
- To cashout your winnings, follow the same instructions from step 2. Make sure that you have cleared any wagering requirements attached to your bonus. Fill in the amount you wish to withdraw and click to proceed.
It is important to note that all the online casinos in Canada have a pending period ranging from 24 - 96 hours. This is the amount of time that you must wait before the cashout request will be approved and your winnings transferred to your payment method.
Canada's Provincial Online Casino Sites in 2023
Canada has always been seen as a bit of a grey market when it comes to online gambling. Each province is responsible for its own gambling laws and regulations. There are 10 provinces which include Alberta, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec and Ontario. A further 3 territories also make up the country and these are Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories. Many of the provinces have provincially run gambling sites for lottery, casino games, and sports betting. It is legal for Canucks to play at offshore and international brands and below we give you the run down on what the different areas of this country have to offer online gambling enthusiasts.
Western Canada consists of the provinces of Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia. Players at Manitoba, Alberta and BC casinos who reside here can play for real money at two provincially run sites. For Manitoba casinos, the WCLC takes charge in regulation. In 2023, PlayNow is available for residents of BC (Vancouver, Surrey, Stanley Park, Whistler), Manitoba (Winnipeg), and Saskatchewan (Regina). PlayNow offers sports betting, lottery, and casino games. Residents of Alberta (Calgary, Banff) have access to Play Alberta where they will find the same gambling options. Whether you live in Edmonton or Jasper you can also access international brands where they will find bigger and better promotions than those offered by provincial sites. Yukon Gold is one such site that offers new players 150 chances to become a millionaire on signup and players can play in CAD and enjoy Interac deposits and withdrawals.
There are six provinces that make up Eastern Canada: Ontario, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island. Only residents of Quebec and Ontario have access to provincially run establishments but as with all other provinces, players can enjoy all the best games and promotions at offshore operators open to CA. Spin Casino is one of our recommended sites with over 550 games and a welcome package worth up to $1,000.
Ontario began offering regulated online gambling in April 2022 and since then some of the most prominent brands in the world have been applying for a licence from iGaming Ontario. You'll probably have seen them advertised on TSN, Sportsnet, and CBC. Residents living in Mississauga, Toronto, etc, can also sign up and play at the provincially run PlayOLG site. There are currently more than 30 regulated operators for Ontarians meaning there are plenty of great sites to choose from including our recommended LeoVegas where new players can deposit and withdraw using Interac or iDebit and enjoy 100 free spins with their first deposit. You should have in mind that iGaming Ontario is in charge or regulating Ontario Casinos.
Quebec is another province with its own provincially run internet brand. Online gambling is regulated by Loto-Quebec and Espacejeux provides online bingo, poker, casino games, lottery, and sports betting. The site is safe and secure with plenty of great promotions on offer too. The primary language of the site is en français. Residents looking for bigger bonuses or a larger game selection can check out Royal Vegas our recommended best online casino for Canadians in 2023. Loto-Québec is the body responsible for regulating Quebec Casinos today.
The True North
The three territories that make up this area are the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon. These are small in population and residents don't have access to a government-run establishment. Residents who want to gamble online will have to look at offshore sites including Ruby Fortune with more than 450 games and a $750 welcome bonus.
Best Online Casino in Canada Vs the Biggest Local Casinos
Canada has some amazing land-based establishments including Casino De Montreal, Rama Resort near Toronto and Mississauga, River Cree Resort in Alberta, Niagara Fallsview in Ontario, the Hard Rock Casino in Vancouver and Ottawa, Casino Regina in Saskatchewan, Club Regent in Winnipeg, Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax, and Casino De Mont-Tremblant in Quebec. These land-based establishments offer excitement and entertainment but how do the biggest land-based establishments compare to the best CA online casino in 2023. We've taken a look at a number of elements including game variety, bonuses and promotions, mobile sites, etc, and compared them in the table below.
Latest Industry News & Editorial Articles
Top Online Casinos Canada Take Responsible Gambling Seriously
Responsible gambling is something that is taken very seriously in the online gambling industry and strict regulations are spreading around the world. Responsible gambling ensures the safety and protection of players and a number of features have been introduced at many of the top brands to ensure that players can keep themselves safe. This includes the ability to self-exclude and set deposit limits. Most sites also offer links to helpful organisations. You can find out more about responsible gambling at the following links Responsible Gambling and and CPRG.
Player Safety & Security Comes First
Player safety and security is a must when it comes to real money gambling online and all our recommended Canada casinos online are independently tested by companies such as eCOGRA or TST to ensure the RNGs are completely random. You can always visit the eCogra website for more info. Some sites display their payout rates publicly too. All the sites we review and feature on our website use the latest encryption technology to keep player data safe and protected from potential hacks. Responsible gambling also plays a role in player safety and it includes the prevention of underage gambling, the protection of vulnerable players, protecting online payments, and ensuring there are safeguards in place to prevent criminal activities.
Getting Help For Addiction and Problem Gambling
If you need help we recommend you visit the responsible gambling page of the operator you are playing at. All the best CA online casino sites will have information and tools that you can use. They will also contain links to helpful resources and organisations such as The Canada Safety Council, GGTU, and ConnexOntario. If you want to get other info, read more about legal casinos in Canada. You can also see more Canadian casino articles with some helpful info.
How do I play free games at Canadian casinos online and win real money?If you want to play free games and keep your winnings you will need to look for a cash or spins offer without deposit. These bonuses are usually reserved for new members and we list the best of these here on our site.
Can I bet on sports at online casinos in Canada?Yes, you can. There are a number of operators that also offer an online sportsbook so Canucks can place wagers on their favorite sporting events. Our recommended online casinos include 888, Sports Interaction, and LeoVegas.
What is the verification process at online casinos in CanadaTo verify your account you will be required to provide copies of documents. These documents include your ID, Passport or Driving License, a recent utility bill, and the front and back of your credit/debit card if you registered it on your account.
Can I play real money games without a bonus?Yes, you can. You are not obliged to accept a bonus and there is usually a section in the cashier section of the brand to opt in or out of bonuses. If you don't see this, you should contact the customer support and advise them that you wish to play without a bonus.
Are there tips or strategies to keep what I win?There are some tips and strategies you can use such as choosing slots with high RTP and low to medium variance. When playing with a bonus you should also choose games with a 100% contribution so you can clear the wagering requirements quickly. Our site has additional winning tips and strategies in our game guides so be sure to check them out.
What is the legal gambling age in Canada?The legal gambling age differs depending on the province or territory you reside in. In most of the country the legal age is 19 but in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec it is 18.
Do I have to pay taxes on my winnings?No, you don't, unless your winnings make up your primary income.
Can I use PayPal at CA online casinos?At present, PayPal is not accepted as a payment method at Canadian online casinos, but this may change now that Ontario has regulated and legalized online gambling for foreign operators.
How do I know the operator is safe to play at?All our reviewed brands are 100% safe and secure and have been tested and proven fair. They all use the latest SSL encryption software to keep your information safe. We only recommend the safest and licensed casino online Canada offers.
Are your reviews really honest?Yes, they are. All our reviews are unbiased, and they cannot be bought. Our review team test and rate every operator using strict criteria and those that don't meet our specifications and player expectations are not recommended.