Best Real Money Card Game Casino Sites Canada 2023
How to Play Real Money Card Games Online
It's difficult to understate the popularity of online real money card games. While there are several titles that fall under this genre, the fact of the matter is that several of them are among the top ten most played games in the history of casino play. Not much changed about that when things moved to the online format except that some people think that it's more difficult to get started playing. However, that's thankfully not the case at all, and here we'll show you exactly what we mean by laying out how you can get started in just a few minutes.
- Sign Up - Pick out which of our recommended sites appeals to you, and sign up for an account by registering your information with them in a simple form.
- Deposit - After creating your account, you can visit the cashier tab to pick a deposit method and the amount that you're interested in adding to your balance.
- Claim Bonus - Choose a bonus at this point to go along with your deposit to give you some great promotional value.
- Choose Games - Once the deposit clears, which usually just takes a quick moment, navigate to the table games section to make a decision about which titles to play.
- Cashout Winnings - When you've ran up some real money card game winnings and are ready to cash them out, the cashier section's withdrawal option makes it easy to request a transfer.
Online Casino Card Games
Because the genre of titles that use cards is so wide, it can actually be broken up into a number of subsequent sub-genres. Along these lines, you can find some similarities between titles within a sub-genre but a lot of differences between the sub-genres themselves. In the following, we want to give you an idea of the most popular options that Canadian players tend to go after when playing these titles for real money within in each individual grouping.
In perhaps the most strategic of all casino games, blackjack is all about trying to beat the dealer within a simple scoring system. You can win by having a higher total than the dealer without going over 21 or by having the dealer bust out by breaking that 21-point threshold. However, it's the options you get to add more cards or manipulate your bet size that give the games in this genre so much strategic depth. In what follows, we'll show you some of the most popular blackjack variations and what makes them stand out.
- Vegas Single Deck - Microgaming brings a higher degree of strategy with this single-deck option based on popular Las Vegas rules like hitting on a soft 17 and doubling 9-11 only. This comes along with a maximum return of 99.69%, making it one of the best online.
- Blackjack Surrender - Featuring the late surrender option, you can give up your cards and get back half of your wager no matter how many cards you have. As Playtech's highest-paying title in the genre, you can see an RTP of 99.61%.
- Blackjack Classic Series - Produced by NetEnt, the idea here is that you get an excellent presentation with favorable rules like doubling on any two cards and doubling after splits for a nice 99.56% return to player percentage.
- European Gold - This is Microgaming's best title with the European "no peek" rule that mixes the strategies up a bit. You can earn a 99.6% return with correct play, which is higher than most titles in any casino.
- Blackjack Switch - Perhaps Playtech's best game in terms of innovation, this game allows you to play two hands at once and switch cards between them for an added layer of strategic depth. You can land an RTP as high as 99.83% if you play correctly, but the switching portion is tricky, so most solid players will land in the range of 99.6%.
Often considered one of the most exclusive types of tables, it was difficult to find in person for stakes lower than four figures per hand for quite a while. However, it's now one of the most popular games Canadians play at lower stakes online. The basic idea is that the house has a way of dealing out two sets of cards with a point-based scoring system that's similar to blackjack but also a bit different. You try to guess ahead of time which of the two hands will win or if they'll tie along with options for other side bets.
- Baccarat Gold - For players who don't like live dealer tables but still want a top-tier experience, Microgaming offers it. However, you get a very straightforward and standard set of bets here with nothing really going "outside of the box" except for the pair side bets.
- Six-deck Baccarat - Playtech offers a six-deck table that's a little different than the standard games that use eight. You get the full selection of pair side bets, including perfect pairs, along with big and small side bets based on combined hand totals.
- Baccarat Squeeze - In these live tables, Playtech has highly trained dealers putting a full squeeze on display. Players get fewer hands in per hour because of the presentation elements, but it's a lot of fun and has a lot of social interaction.
- Lightning Baccarat - If you want to mix it up with something different, Evolution Gaming has you covered. You can hit multipliers on certain cards worth up to 8x with compounding multipliers that can give you jackpot sized prizes worth over 500 times the original win.
- EZ Baccarat - The commission rule is annoying for some players, and EZ Baccarat (offered by multiple providers) removes that from the equation. Both the player and banker pay a straightforward 1:1 at these tables with a 0.5:1 win if the banker wins with a total of six to account for the change in betting.
Several different styles of titles at the best real money card game casinos online are based on poker rules. The idea is to give you an opportunity to test your skills against the house instead of needing other people to play with in more traditional styles of the game. As a result, you get a sizable variety of different options to pick from, many of which are offered by multiple software developers. In what follows, we'll give you an idea of the most popular options in this particular space.
- Pai Gow Poker - You get seven cards that you have to arrange into two poker hands, one with five cards and one with two. The two-card hands only rank based on pairs and high cards, which goes against the dealer who does the same. You need to win both hands to get a payout in this game, which leads to a lot of ties and a very low volatility.
- Caribbean Stud - Known for having a small but important amount of strategy, this game simply puts your five cards up against the dealer's with one caveat: You get to see one of the dealer's cards when you decide to fold or stay in the hand.
- Three Card Poker - This game mixes players up the first time they play it more than any other because the order of three card poker hand rankings is a bit different. With that said, the strategies are straightforward once you realize that, and the hands play quickly.
- Casino Hold'em - Since you and the dealer share certain cards, the strategic elements of how you handle your hole cards goes up quite a bit, making this title a bit more complicated than other titles found at online sites.
- Caribbean Draw - In this game, you get the option to make discards to get additional cards to make it easier to hit bigger hands and win. This adds more strategy to the situation compared to its stud-based cousin.
Casino War and Others
Some games don't conveniently fall under one particular sub-genre, so they end up getting grouped together all on their own. As such, the titles in this group don't necessarily share much other than that they use cards to determine who wins. Here we want to lay out which titles fall under this heading and what you might want to know about them to decide if they could be a good fit.
- Casino War - Based on the popular "war" game, you get the option to "go to war" or surrender if you and the dealer have the same card dealt. Correct strategy means never surrendering, so there's always a lot of action.
- Dragon Tiger - Considered a sort of cousin of Baccarat, you get to see two cards go head to head in this title. Guessing which of them will win or if they might tie is the name of the game.
- Red Dog - Two cards get dealt, and if there is "space" between them, you get to guess if the next card will fall between their ranks or not. This is a quick, fast-paced game that is great for players who want something that doesn't take a lot of time.
- Pontoon - This falls outside of the blackjack genre while still having some similarities. No dealer up card is used in this game, and you can instantly win if you're able to get a hand to five total cards.
- Casino Patience - Some players know this as "solitaire," but it has a scoring system that allows you to play it in real money card game casinos online. The more cards you can take in, the better your payout.
Live Dealer Card Games
Playing with a live dealer is something that can completely change the overall experience for a lot of people. You get to see the games play out on a real table with a real human dealer, but you can still interface with the betting using your mobile device or computer as usual. Another addition to the experience is the ability to chat up other people who are playing with you as well as the dealer running the game. Likewise, when these live dealer titles are played with cards, they tend to fall into three sub-genres as follows.
- Live Dealer Blackjack: Having the opportunity to talk strategy with other players makes playing blackjack live a lot of fun. Evolution Gaming is known for having a lot of variants in this particular genre.
- Live Baccarat: Pragmatic Play's live dealer offering has some good Baccarat options where players can try to predict how the next hand is going to go together, which is something often missed when playing in the standard games.
- Live Casino Poker: Several styles of poker are available from providers like Playtech. Three Card Poker and Caribbean Stud are the most popular in the live format, but you can find others depending on who you play with.
Bonuses to Claim in 2023
Most of the best online real money card games offer possibilities for high payout rates. When you add bonus value and other promotions to that, it boosts your chances to come out ahead that much more. With that said, several styles of bonus offers are available for these card games, and they can definitely pad your winnings depending on the type of deals you take advantage of. Here we'll take a look at some of them and what you might need to know about each.
No Deposit Bonus
When you sign up to play and get promotional value without having to deposit, that's a no deposit bonus. They can be a solid way to try out new casinos before making your first deposit, but they can also give a good value on their own. As for real money card games, sometimes you can play them with this type of offer, but it's not extremely common. Instead, they're often reserved for slot players and in some cases come in the form of free spins.
The best value that you can get at most online real money card game casino sites typically comes from welcome bonus packages. Also known as sign up offers, they usually give you percentage-based deposit bonuses on your first several deposits, and they sometimes reward you with other goodies like free spins as well. Most of these allow games to be played for real cash to work on the wagering requirements. However, a few of them don't, so it's something to clarify for any specific offer before you make that first deposit.
When you've already taken advantage of a sign up package and want to continue to get good deals for your deposits, then reload bonuses are frequently the best way to go. A lot of our recommended online casino sites put you in the driver's seat with frequent reloads that make it easy to always be working on a bonus when you're playing. That's exactly what players in this genre should be looking for to maximize the promotional value that they can get from their play.
A cashback reward typically works based on giving you an additional opportunity to land winnings after going through a deposit. In essence, once you're under a certain balance threshold, they'll take a percentage of your last deposit and give a percentage of it back to you in the form of a bonus. These deals typically have lower wagering requirements that other types of offers, which makes them particularly generous and suitable for people who like card games.
Regular Player Promos
It's not uncommon for a given casino to give players ongoing promotions on some schedule that can't really be found anywhere else. This is the situation for a lot of players in Canada, and it can be why they stick with one place over anywhere else. If you want the best chances for getting regular real money card game winnings online without having to jump around to different locations, these these scheduled events and promos can be a good bet. With that said, they can include all types of bonuses, free spins, competitions and other types of events, so it's definitely not a "one size fits all" situation.
Our Featured Real Money Casino Bonus - Jackpot City
What we believe is the most favorable bonus for be found at Jackpot City. You'll get a 100% match bonus on your first four deposits, each of which is worth $400. Additionally, they offer a no deposit special for new players that gives you 50 free spins on their Boom Galaxy slot with a straightforward 70x wagering requirement. Alternatively, a one dollar deposit gets you 80 free spins on Wacky Panda. Their selection of card games is pretty wide with a high quality of presentation, so when you mix that with their generous promotions, it's a winning combination.
How to Signup at Canada Online Casinos
If you're ready to get signed up, it may surprise you just how speedy the process is. Here we want to show you step by step exactly how easy it is and how you could be right in the middle of counting your winnings quicker than you might think.
- From our list of recommended sites, choose one that seems like a good fit for what you're after.
- Choose the option to sign up, and make sure that the information you put in is correct to avoid any verification issues in the future.
- Navigate with a simple click over to the cashier area to pick out the deposit option. Include your payment method of choice along with the amount to deposit while choosing the bonus option that you'd like to redeem.
- Once the deposit is cleared, which is typically almost instant, you're ready to choose which titles that you'd like to pick and play.
Other Great Real Money Games
Deposit and Payouts At Real Money Online Casinos
Canadian players get a great selection of available banking methods. However, the best option for you depends on a few different factors like convenience, fees and how quickly withdrawals are processed. In the following, we'll show you which options are available, which are the fastest for cash outs and what you can expect if you use each of them. Our goal is for you to more easily be able to choose payment options that give you the best experience possible.
Credit and Debit Cards
If you already have a debit card or credit card, then making your transactions with it can be the most convenient option. With that said, the fees are about average, and the withdrawals will generally take a few days. Nonetheless, these cards are some of the most popular ways for players to make both deposits and withdrawals for casino games since they already have them available, and it's just like making any other type of purchase online.
E-wallets - Instadebit, PayPal, eCheck
The popularity of electronic wallets like Instadebit cannot be denied. They simply set up a separate account between your bank account and the casino that you can move money in and out of. While PayPal is an e-wallet, it cannot be used for Canadian casino players. Other options like this, including eCheck, are available too with reasonable fees and faster withdrawals than average as well.
Use Your Bank with Interac
The majority of popular Canadian banks allow for a payment method called Interac that simplified and speeds up transferring funds to and from your bank account. The withdrawal speeds are super quick, and the fees are lower than average too. This option is compatible with accounts from Bank of Montreal, Scotiabank, Toronto-Dominion Bank, the Royal Bank of Canada and plenty others. It takes just a few moments to set up, and after that, it's really quick to make both withdrawals and deposits.
The most popular crypto options for playing at real money card game casinos online are Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both of them sport some of the fastest withdrawal times available and some of the widest ranges of available transaction sizes, though this does vary from place to place. Additionally, the fees are low, and the learning curve is much lower than it was in previous years. At this point, it's similar to setting up an electronic wallet, so if you've been hesitant to see what it's all about in the past, now is a great time to give it a look.
How to get the Fastest Withdrawals on Your Winnings
Picking up the fastest withdrawal times really just comes down to a few simple factors. First, you want to choose a payment option that has faster times than most like crypto or Interac. Next, make sure that your identity is verified with the site in question ahead of time, back before you request your withdrawal. They have to verify who you are for regulatory purposes, so getting this out of the way early can avoid unnecessary delays. Finally, you need to make sure that you pick a reputable place to play like our recommended options to avoid any type of shady issues with payments being processed promptly.
Odds and RTP
The term "RTP" means return to player percentage, and you probably see it thrown around a lot when you're looking at real money online card games. The reason for this is simple: When you play the best that's possible in the game, it's the measure of how well the game pays out. More precisely, it's listed as the amount of the money the game takes in that's then paid out directly to players in the form of prizes and winnings. Obviously, the higher this measure is, the better it is for players. Anything above the 97% mark is generally considered great, but many of these titles will get you an RTP of more than 99%, especially with blackjack and casino poker.
Real Money Card Games - Strategies and Winning Tips
Strategy is a factor to some degree in all of the best online real money card games. However, the nature of those strategies can vary a lot from title to title. Some elements of strategy apply to most games while others only apply to very specific situations in certain titles that you might play. In the following, we want to lay out a number of strategic ideas to keep in mind to help you get the best payouts available on average.
- Manage your bankroll properly by using bet sizes that allow for swings in both directions. This helps you to stay in the game long enough to be more likely to hit major payouts.
- Use bonuses to pad your bottom line whenever possible. Ideally, you would always have a promotional offer or bonus in play when you're at the tables.
- Make sure that you check out the payouts for the specific game that you're getting into to make sure that they're up to the industry standards and aren't lower than expected.
- Learn game-specific strategies that help you to know when to make different decisions in different situations depending on which cards show up.
- It can never hurt to have a second or third look over the rule set. Sometimes you'll pick up on something you missed before that changes how you'll prefer to play.
Play Free Card Games Online
In titles like these that have strategies involved, playing for free money is an option for practice. You can access the play money versions of most of these titles we've listed out simply by choosing the option in the casino software. All of the real money card game sites we've rated and recommended have these available for their standard selection but not for their live dealer tables. That's the industry standard, but it's plenty for you to get everything you might want out of playing for free.
Real Money Card Games vs Free Games
The decision to play for free or to jump right into real money online card games really comes down to what you're looking for in your experience. Some people will heavily prefer one way over the other simply because that's what gets them the type of experience they want. However, others will have no problem switching between the two at different times. To help figure out which type of player you are, we want to give you an idea of the advantages of playing each way.
Pros for Real Money Card Games
- Playing for real money is the only way to qualify for progressive jackpots at tables where they are available.
- Most bonuses are only available for people who make deposits because they're based on a percentage match.
- Live dealer games do not allow you to play for play money in the vast majority of cases.
Pros for Free Card Games
- You'll have no pressure that keeps you from trying out different strategies and approaches.
- This is a great way to get familiar with a game and learn the rules without any risk.
- Many people enjoy playing free titels against friends and family simply for the fun of it.
Play on Mobile Casino Apps
Every single one of the real money card game casinos that we recommend have mobile apps available. The reason for this is simple: More wagers are placed via mobile in 2023 than with computers, so they want to make sure players have the option to play on their phone or tablet while out and about. It's a very convenient way to play these titles, especially since their presentation fits the mobile format really well.
Card Game Apps - Win Real Money on iPhone and Android
After putting together highly in-depth reviews of the best real money card game mobile apps, we can tell you that pretty much everyone has a chance to enjoy these titles while on the go. That's because the compatibility levels are higher than they have ever been. It doesn't matter if you have an iPhone, an iPad or a device powered by Android, you can get in on the action with no problem. This is even true for "mini" style devices with much smaller screens since the interfaces are scaled appropriately to make sure that they're still easy to use.
How We Rate & Review Real Money Casino Sites
The reviews that we do of popular Canadian real money card game sites come down to the fact that we want players to know exactly what they're getting into if they choose to play there. From these reviews, we produce a special rating using our proprietary system that takes into account several different factors that we believe players need to have in a modern casino experience. We'll show you what these criteria are below and how they factor into the overall ratings equation.
- Reputation - We like to see a strong history in the industry for the site in question and the operating company that runs it.
- Licensing - A license from a reputable jurisdiction and regulatory body is a must for us to recommend any place to play.
- Game Selection - This includes the games as well as the larger selection of titles in the more general sense.
- Mobile Options - It's important to us that players have the flexibility to play while out and about if that's something that they want to do.
- Quick Withdrawals - When it's time to cash out after some wins, we think that your funds should be sent to you as quickly as reasonably possible.
- Great Bonuses - The selection of bonuses, promotions and other deals should be enough to give all types of players an excellent value.
- Safety and Security - Your data needs to be protected using industry best practices like high-level encryption for us to recommend a site.
Best Online Casino Canada Awards for 2023
Within our ratings and reviews, we understand that not everyone prefers the same types of things. To make sure that you can find the type of experience that you're after, we have listed out our recommendations in particular areas in what follows. The idea is for you to be able to jump right into what we have seen is the best option for players who are looking for a particular type of online real money card game experience.
Best For Welcome Bonus : Golden Tiger
With Golden Tiger, you can earn up to $1500 automatically with your first five deposits thanks to their impressive sign up bonus package. Their game selection is top-notch both in and out of the card game genre. They also offer strong customer service, which helps to make them a favorite for players in Canada who want a juicy bonus package.
Best For Free Spins : Zodiac
Zodiac is the place to be if you're after free spins. All you need to deposit at Zodiac is $1 to get 80 free spins on progressives that can turn you into an instant millionaire. From there, they put together as much as $480 in welcome bonuses on your following four deposits to add even more value to the situation. It's a great deal if you're looking for free chances to win before you jump into their wide selection of titles.
Best For Low Wagering : Yukon Gold
Lower wagering requirements than average are frequently the name of the game with Yukon Gold. Their welcome package offers you a 100% match up to $150 along with 125 free spins on Microgaming's Immortal Romance slot. However, they also give you a chance at 150 turns on the Mega Money Wheel for just $10 if you prefer that offer. Their regular promotions and bonuses have favorable conditions overall.
Best For Minimum Deposit : Casino Classic
They're called Casino Classic for a reason, and it's not because they're stuck in the past. For just one dollar on your first deposit, they'll set you up with 40 free turns on the Mega Money Wheel. It's hard to beat that for a low min deposit, especially when they're one of the most popular real money card game casinos for people who want to play on a budget.
Best For Mobile : Captain Cooks
If you're looking to get a great deal while you're playing out and about via mobile, Captain Cooks is the place to be. You can get 100 free spins on the Mega Money Wheel to start off with on your first deposit of just $5. From there, they give you as much as $475 in bonuses in total with your following four deposits. This is the perfect way to get bonus value that you can take with you on the go while playing plenty of the most popular titles in the industry today.
Try Online Slots for a No Skills Needed Alternative
Many people like to shoot for wins because the game rounds are quick, and there's a lot of excitement. However, if you don't put the time in to learn the appropriate strategies, you can actually lower your chances of winning. If that part of things isn't appealing to you, then online slots are a great alternative. They offer the same speed of play with a ton of excitement in the form of a variety of themes and features, but you don't need to learn any complicated strategies to get a solid payout rate. Along these lines, they're among some of the most popular games found in online casinos in Canada.
Play With No Deposit Free Spins
If that sounds appealing to you, then you'll love the fact that you can actually try these games for free and still have solid chances to get real money wins. That's because a lot of no deposit free spins offers are available. To make it easy to pick out which of these offers are a good deal, we have listed out and rated all of the best casino sites for Canada. This makes it as quick and easy as it can be to find an appealing free spins offer and jump right in.
Win Big with Progressive Jackpots
Progressive jackpots are also more likely to be available with online slots, and they're bigger than the jackpots for any other title out there. These are prizes that start at a fixed amount called the seed value. When players enjoy the game with real money wagers, the size of that jackpot prize increases until someone hits it. From there, the jackpot resets back down to its seed value, and you get to see the process continue over and over again. Big names like Mega Moolah, Age of the Gods and Mega Fortune are among the millionaire-making progressive jackpots available at these sites.
Where can I play real money card games online?Our recommended sites are great places to play these titles online.
What are the best casino card games in 2023?Caribbean Stud and blackjack are some of the most popular options in present day.
Is it legal to play real money card games online at casinos in Canada?Yes, it's fully legal to enjoy these games.
How do I know the games aren't rigged?Regulatory audits from licensing entities make sure that the games are fair.
Can I use a bonus for live dealers?Yes, many bonuses are available for live dealer tables.
Can I play for free or use the demo mode?The play money versions of most games are available as long as they aren't live dealer titles.
Can I claim a no deposit bonus?Yes, no deposit bonuses are simple and easy to claim.
Are there progressive jackpot variants I can play?Some real money card games have progressive jackpot tables available.
What is the minimum real money deposit I can make to play card games?Some promotions allow for deposits of as little as $1.
Do I have to pay taxes on my winnings?This depends on where you're playing, so make sure to consult your local and provincial laws and regulations.