Pros & Cons - What Works and What Does Not
Netent had a lot to prove going into 2018, having lost some of the company's glory to upcoming developers who came into Canada with pomp and colour on thrilling releases. Therefore, the designers did not hold out on incorporating in-game bonuses and special symbols to help players boost their winnings. In addition, the slot was created with the modern-day punter in mind and included unique features that add to the overall experience. Despite all efforts to make the Double Stacks slot the best for players in 2024, it does not satisfy every gambler's dreams. Following thorough testing, our Online Casinos CA review team came up with a list of items that work perfectly and what we think could be missing.
- Optimized for mobile
- 3 bonus features
- 1000x possible win in one spin
- 10 unique paylines
- 5 by 3 gridline
- C$0.10 to C$100 bet range
What Doesn't Work
- Vintage-style graphics
- On-loop sound effects
Double Stacks : Theme and Overview
Double Stacks was released in 2018, adding to the rich collection of creative slots from Netent. Players spin reels arranged in horizontal and vertical lines, with 5 reels running horizontally and 3 lines running vertically. From the reels, you can expect to win on 10 paylines by landing a minimum of 3 or more matching symbols. Classic symbols enhance the Retro theme on this video slot, including high-value ones like the Bar, Bells, 777s, and diamonds, plus low-value icons such as cherries, melons, lemons, and plums. Lucky players get to walk away with massive prizes based on how much they put down in wagers, with the highest possible win being a 1,000x bet multiplier. Bets on the high volatility slot range between C$0.10 to C$ 100, enabling participants to win up to C$10,000 in a single session of spinning the reels.
How to Play Double Stacks
Netent created the Double Stacks slot with two ways in which players can enjoy spinning the reels. i.e. free play mode and real money mode. In the Double Stacks free slot game, you get a chance to test all the features, including placing bets and activating bonuses, but you cannot place real money wagers. In the real money mode, you can wager real money by following the steps outlined below and win an amount equal to the bet multiplier activated depending on the symbols on the reels.
- Open Game: Log in to a Canadian online casino with Netent games and search for the title in the lobby, then click on the game's thumbnail icon.
- Select Game Mode: Choose between real money mode and the for fun demo mode. In demo mode you only get to test the game, while real money mode gives you chances to wager and win real money.
- Set Bet Amount: Specify the amount you want to bet on each spin. The betting range varies between a minimum of C$0.10 and a maximum of C$100.
- Set Bet Mode: Here, you can opt to set manual bets, which will require you to activate each bet, or set automatic bets, in which you can let the game automatically execute up to 1,000 bets.
- Spin the Reels: In the final step, hit start to spin the reels. Basic wins on the game start with three matching symbols lining up consecutively on reels 3 to 5 when the reels stop spinning.
Double Stacks Slot Bonus Features
Netent slots come with a wide array of bonuses you can activate with no deposit. Simply match the correct symbols sequence to active free spins and respins once you sign up at the best Netent casinos like Casumo and PlayOJO. From the title, you can easily tell that the outstanding feature of the game works by doubling your win, but the reels contain a hidden gem in the form of free spins.
- Double Stacked Symbols : Any of the four premium symbols can appear stacked when playing the base game, while the free spins mode comes with extra opportunities for the wild symbol to appear stacked. Stacked symbols on one reel count as two, meaning that only one more occurrence of the same symbol is required to win a three-of-a-kind multiplier. On the same note, landing 5 staked symbols activates a ten-of-a-kind bet multiplier.
- Free Spins : Scatters appearing on the reels is good news, with 3, 4, and 5 scatters activating 5,15, and 30 free spins, respectively. And when spinning the reels in the bonus round, you can activate extra respins if 2 to 5 scatters land on the reels. The stacked feature is deactivated when playing in the promo spins round, but landing a series of 5 wilds promptly triggers every symbol to appear stacked and payouts made in the value of the diamond symbol.
RTP, Volatility, and Jackpot
The Double Stacks slots RTP averages at 96.1%, which is no surprise for a game developed by Netent, one of the best-known software developers in Canada. From the statistic gathered, the average hit frequency is about 16% and matching stacked symbols comes with amazing payouts, making it a high-volatility slot with instant payouts. Unfortunately, you cannot win a progressive jackpot prize on this slot.
Payouts on the reels from a series of matching low-value symbols range between 2x to 4.5x, but combinations that include high-value symbols can take up the multiplier to 10x. Things get better with the stacked icons, which count as double, taking the bet multiplier to between 10x and 100x on ten-one-of-a-kind combinations. The ultimate win comes from a spin that ends up with a combination of 5 stacked diamonds or stacked diamonds and wilds, in which you get 1000x of your wager.
Play Double Stacks with Free Real Money No Deposit Bonuses
When the game first hit Canadian online casinos in 2018, it was among the hottest slots with no deposit promos, a feat that remains true to date. Unfortunately, newer Netent releases and titles that still top the charts since release feature more often in the valid games you can play with no deposit offers. But with enough time spent looking for the best bonuses, you will likely land a promo allowing you to double your fun on the slot. Below, we included our top 3 recommendations with some of the finest no deposit bonuses in 2024.
- 888 Casino is an award-winning operator that has been online since 1997. Punters who join 888 Casino and finish setting up a real money account qualify to receive the $88 free chip no deposit bonus in the first week of owning a new player account. The offer comes with 30x wagering requirements and a maximum cashout limit of C$100, which is a great way to kick off your experience with the brand.
- Casumo Casino is an attractive instant play gambling site with more than 3,500 games on desktop and mobile. Register today and treat yourself to 15 no deposit free spins on 9 Masks of Fire to evaluate the new operator before making a deposit. The no deposit offer needs to be wagered 30 times and comes with a maximum cashout limit of $100. Casumo Casino also impresses with 100% match up to $500 on your initial deposit to further enrich your gaming experience.
- Captain Cooks Casino is an immensely popular brand that forms part of the Casino Rewards Group and is licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. Newly registered customers can look forward to 100 chances to become a millionaire for a $5 deposit on the popular Mega Money Wheel game. In addition, Captain Cooks Casino offers up to $475 in bonuses across your first 4 real money deposits on both desktop and mobile devices.
Best Canada Online Casinos with No Deposit to Play Double Stacks For Real Money
With Canada being one of the long-existing markets that have gambling-friendly laws, residents enjoy access to top-rated online casinos that try to outdo each other by offering amazing no deposit promos. In addition, financial regulations in the country allow for reliable fintech companies to set up shop in the county, enabling punters to enjoy multiple banking options for instant deposits and fast withdrawals. Try your luck on the best-performing brands for 2024, where you can play Double Stacks and many more thrilling slots.
- Jackpot City $1600 Match Bonus
- Gaming Club Casino $800 Match Bonus
- Slots Million Casino $100 Match Bonus
Double Stacks Popularity at Real Money Online Casinos
When looking for the best slot game, players majorly consider the return to player percentage and variance, both of which are optimally balanced in this game. The 96.1% RTP is just a little above the average RTP on popular slots, and the high volatility rate works well to raise the thrill of spinning the reels. Doubling the value of high-value symbols which appear stacked activates rare rewards that you cannot easily find on any other game within Canada, and the 1000x ultimate bet multiplier puts participants in the lead. All things considered, it is no surprise that the game ranks top in many Netent casinos operating in Canada.
Double Stacks Slot Mobile Compatibility
Mobile optimization is evident across all slots released by Netent after 2015, including the Double Stacks slot. Enjoy winning on double-valued symbols when you spin the reels and land a series of stacked symbols on Android and iOS mobile casino apps. If you prefer no download instant play, you can still have the time of your life spinning the reels in flash mode using the mobile or PC browser interface.
About Netent Casino Software
At the time of compiling this review, Netent had over 20 years in the iGaming market, and throughout that time, the company had stamped authority over all developers in churning out amazing video slots. Any casino worth its salt aims to have Netent games in its game collection, thereby providing members with a wide variety of themes, unique features, progressive jackpots, and classic table games. Currently, Netent owns several renowned permits allowing the developer to expand to thring markets such as the UK, Canada, and New Jersey, among others. The design team keeps tabs on markets dynamics and uses their findings to craft new games suited for the modern-day gamer, with the goal being to introduce new releases every month.
Does this game have a slots bonus round?Yes. Participants can activate free spins bonuses on the reels by landing scatters, with 3 scatters activating 5 promo spins, 4 scatters activating 15 promo spins, and 5 scatters activating 30 free spins.
Is the RTP of this game considered good?Yes. With a 96.1% theoretical RTP, the slot ranks slightly above the average RTP on video slots. So that is a good RTP rate for gaming enthusiasts across the world.
Does Double Stacks have a progressive jackpot?Unfortunately, participants cannot win any progressive jackpots when playing since all winnings get paid out instantly.
What is the most real money you can win on this game?The highest win comes from a 1000x bet multiplier activated by landing 5 stacked symbols on the reels. So if you put down C$100, which is the maximum allowed bet, you can walk away with C$10,000.
What does volatility mean and is it good on this game?Volatility rate on slots defines how often and how big the reels pay out winnings. Since the game ranks high in volatility, you can expect to receive high winnings, such as the 1000x multiplier less often, but smaller wins, like the 3x winnings frequently.
What is the best online casino in Canada to play this game?With so many betting sites available in Canada, it makes sense to join a Netent brand with amazing free spins and cash bonuses, which you can use to boost your odds of winning. Casumo offers new players a wonderful sign up that includes promo spins and cash, making it the best online casino to enjoy the slot.
Can you play Double Stacks for free without registering to an online casino?Yes. Netent provides a demo version of all well-performing slots like this game which you can test with no deposit or prior registration to an online betting site.
Can you play Double Stacks for free on a mobile app?Yes. Search for free spins or no deposit coupon codes at leading mobile betting sites or claim cash promos valid on Netent slots to play for free on iPhone or Android devices.
What makes this game stand out from the rest?The stacked symbols with double the value of regular symbols increase the payout frequency and create amazing opportunities for punters to win real money. The feature is unique to Double Stacks and, when coupling that with typical scatters and wilds takes the fun to a whole new level.
Have there been legit online casino winners in Canada playing this game?Yes. The numerous winnings chances from landing matching normal symbols, and stacked scatters, and wilds have led to a number of punters recording remarkable wins. But privacy policies restrict operators from publishing their names. So, dont be afraid to try your luck today!
Similar Slots to Double Stacks by Netent
Since its formation, Netent has established itself as the best developer for slots with out-of-the-box creative themes and impressive features. Some of the best-performing releases worth checking out include adventure games like Gonzo's Quest and Greek-inspired titles like Divine Fortune. And if you wish to try your luck in winning life-changing sums of real money, the developer includes the fancy Mega Fortune jackpot in the collection. The fun continues on the scary vampire-themed Blood Suckes and spaced-inspired Starburst slot. We did our best to highlight the most best online slots, but the only way to get a comprehensive overview of the available titles is by checking out the lobby Canadian online casinos yourself.
Other Popular Online Slots Machines
Besides Netent, the Canadian market is home to many other developers who do an impressive job of creating well-designed slots for all types of players. Jackpots from Microgaming have taken root in Canada, with impressive payouts recorded to locals on titles like Mega Moolah, Immortal Romance, and 9 Masks of Fire. In addition, punters living within the region love spending time spinning the reels on well-known titles like Buffalo Blitz by Playtech, Magicious from Thunderkick, and Jokerizer by Yggdrasil, among others.
Best Free Games Software Providers by Category
If you are looking to enjoy even more slots from the best software providers, we recommend you check out the links below to find the leading operators in the Canadian market.