Like all sportsbooks entering the Ontario market, BetRivers has features that will be viewed as pros and others as cons. Below is a summary of the pros and cons we came across while reviewing BetRivers for Ontario.
- In-play betting
- Competitive odds
- Live Streaming
- User-friendly interface
- Exclusive betting tools and free tips
- Only available in Ontario
- Apps have poor performance reviews
- Betting app only available for Android users
- Software Playtech,
- Payment Methods
- Established 2019
- Licence Ontario
In our Ontario-friendly BetRivers Sportsbook & Casino review, we look at their unique features, highlight their benefits and drawbacks, and the sports markets they cover. We further provide information on their welcome bonus, different bet types available to review, mobile compatibility, deposit options, security features, and explain how to place a bet at BetRivers.
Unique Features of BetRivers Sportsbook Ontario Sportsbook
As one of the newest sportsbooks to be licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, BetRivers has a variety of features to review that make it an attractive option for Ontario punters. Here is a summary of the most notable features offered by BetRivers for you to review.
- Live Streaming: As part of its Ontario platform, BetRivers offers live streaming for multiple North American and international sporting events to review. Free to use, live streaming availability can be viewed by accessing the "Streaming Live" feature.
- Early Buy-Out Feature: The early buy-out feature lets you sell back your bet to BetRivers Ontario before an event's natural conclusion. The amount returned is based on the odds and is accessible via "My Bet History".
- Live Betting: Live betting is one of Ontario's BetRivers strongest features upon our review and one Ontario punters at BetRivers will find goes a long way. With favorable odds and hundreds of monthly events, it includes access to pre-game stats, recent encounters, injuries and more.
Popular Games at BetRivers Casino
BetRivers Sportsbook Signup Bonus and Free Bets in 2023
As part of its introduction to the Canadian market, BetRivers is welcoming new customers with a 100% up to $250 match deposit offer they can use to review and make free bets. The welcome bonus is only eligible to Ontario Bet Rivers customers who are over the age of 19 and who have verified their identity within 48 of registration.
Upon review, to qualify for the welcome bonus, the eligibility terms require customers to enter promo code "250MATCH" and transact a minimum of $10. In addition to the minimum deposit requirements, punters must fulfill the stipulated 1x wagering terms within 30 days on sporting events with odds of -200 or longer.
As for other promotions we reviewed, punters can look forward to daily odds boosts, same game parleys, free bets and the ability to accumulate loyalty points for free bet and profit boost redemption. In addition to free bet offers, there is a 10 tier VIP program that features exclusive perks to review such as BetRivers swag, expedited withdrawals, luxury VIP gifts, and exclusive promotions, to name a few.
No Deposit Bonuses to Review in Ontario at Betrivers
During our review, we didn't find a new player no deposit bonus for free bets for players in Ontario to claim. However, you can review great match deposit bonus offers that are amazing to increase your chances to win.
More Reviews of Top Online Casinos
Canadian Sports Events Available in the Sportsbook
As an established U.S sportsbook, BetRivers has a strong understanding of the sports types Canadians favor most. Resultantly, bettors will review and find there are ample opportunities to punt on Canadian favorites like hockey, baseball, basketball, and soccer. In addition to their substantial coverage of North American sports with free bets in Ontario, BetRivers offers coverage for the following sports markets:
- Basketball: NBA, NCAAB and WNBA.
- Hockey: NHL, AHL, and NCAA.
- Baseball: MLB and NCAA.
- Football: CFL, NFL, NCAAF and USFL.
- Tennis: ATP, WTA, and ITF.
- Golf: PGA, Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup.
BetRivers Sportsbook Ontario Deposit and Withdrawal Review
The deposit and withdrawal options for Ontario players at BetRivers' Sportsbook may prove to be a sore point for Ontarians. Unfortunately, BetRivers has restricted Ontarians to only a handful of deposit and withdrawal methods for them to review. Whether this is their preference or resultant of the regulations governing their Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, who knows, but for now, only Interact, Debit cards and PayPal are offered upon our review.
On the plus side during a review, there are no transaction fees applied to deposits and withdrawals of free bet bonus wins and the minimum transaction amounts are responsible. In this respect, the minimum transactions range from for debit cards is $10 $10,000, depending on the method chosen from the list we reviewed.
The Ontario Mobile Sports Betting App at BetRivers Sportsbook
The BetRivers mobile site and sportsbook and its Android app offer a number of player-friendly features. Namely, both offer immediate access to the sportsbook, casino and their applicable internal features. In this respect, the mobile betting app we reviewed includes the ability to view account information, bonuses, rewards, betting and transactional histories.
How to Place a Bet on the Site or the Mobile App
Upon review, placing a bet on the BetRivers sportsbook site or through the mobile app is not difficult. However, there are several steps that must be completed before placing a bet is possible. As such, new customers wishing to punt at BetRivers Ontario will need to complete the following steps we reviewed:
- Register a New Account: Click "Join Now" and complete steps 1 through 3.
- Make a Deposit: After identify verification review and, open the cashier and add funds to your account using one of the available payment methods.
- Choose a Sport and Betting Market: Navigate to the sportsbook, choose from the list of available sports and select a betting market.
- Place Your Bet: After choosing a sport and betting market, placing your bet is as simple as entering your wager and clicking "Place Bet".
Bet Types for Ontario Players in 2023
The licensing of the Ontario sports betting market has substantially impacted the number of bet types available for Ontarians to review. While this includes multiple bet types for each sport type, the most significant available betting markets for Ontario players include the following:
- Moneyline: A bet in favour of one player or team defeating another. I.E: the Toronto Maple Leafs defeating the LA Kings.
- Point Spread: Predicting the final score between two teams. I.E: The Maple Leafs defeating Tampa Bay by 3 goals.
- Totals: A bet on the whether total number of points during a game will be over or under the points posted by the bookmaker.
- Parlay: Combining multiple wagers into one bet. I.E: Toronto Blues, Atlanta Braves and Toronto FC to win.
- Futures: Making an advanced bet on who will win a championship. I:E: The Toronto Raptors winning the NBA Finals.
- Live/In-Play Betting: Placing a bet while an event is live. I:E: Raptors will win the third quarter.
- Other Betting Markets: A variety of bet types popular for select sports markets. For example, 3-way spread betting, total games, match odds and correct score.
Security Features and Customer Support
Similar to all bookies licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, BetRivers is required to operate using advanced security applications. This includes the use of encryption software, firewall protection and ensuring they maintain strict privacy policies, offer multiple responsible gaming initiatives, and include multiple contact channels.
To meet their customer support channel requirements, upon our review, support is available via the following channels:
- Email: [email protected]
- Live Chat: 9:30 am to 2am
- Telephone: (855) 744-0152
In addition, to live chat, email, and telephone support, 24/7, assistance is provided via a help center that offers registration, my account, mobile, and other assistive topics.
The Company's History and Complaints
BetRivers began operations as a land-based sportsbook before expanding its operations to regulated U.S markets. To date, BetRivers operates online sportsbooks in thirteen U.S states, and as of April 4th, they include a dedicated sportsbook in the province of Ontario. As for player complaints, these are minimal and center around the poor performance of its Android app.
BetRivers Sportsbook Compared to Other Sportsbooks in the Province
In comparison to other sportsbooks with free bets we review in the province of Ontario, Casino Bet Rivers offers a comparable number of sports and betting markets. Similarly, their promotions and free bets are in line with other bookmakers, although their terms tend to be more favorable than big name brands like BETMGM. In terms of standout features, there is really nothing that sets BetRivers apart from competing sportsbooks in Ontario, and that could impact their ability to offer a competitive edge over giants like Bwin and Caesars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have some questions about Bet Rivers? Read and review our FAQ section below to see what you might missed.
- Is BetRivers a legitimate betting site? Yes, for Ontario, BetRivers is a legitimate betting site and is licenced by Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- How long does BetRivers take to process withdrawals? On average, withdrawals are processed in within 24 hours. However, this does not include weekends or statutory holidays.
- How can I contact customer support at BetRivers? BetRivers support can be contacted 24/7 via email, or between 9:30 am and 2am via live chat and telephone.
- What is the minimum deposit via PayPal? The minimum deposit for all deposit methods at BetRivers is $10 CAD.
- What documents must I provide for account verification at BetRivers? In order to verify your account, BetRivers requires you upload a scanned copy of your Ontario driver's license.
BetRivers Sportsbook Ontario Review Summary and Recommendation
Based on personal experience at BetRivers Sportsbook, the player-friendly intuitive interface was perfect for placing bets, even as a novice player to review. The odds were straightforward and competitive, while its betting features made the experience that much better. However, in terms of mobility, it would have been nice to have an iOS app to review, but in all honesty, the mobile website functions sufficiently. Ultimately, if you're looking for a reputable sportsbook with diverse market coverage to review, BetRivers is a good starting point.