If you want to know how to win at blackjack, the first thing you need to do is understand the game and what it involves. Blackjack is a very popular card game at online casinos. It is a game that will require luck and skill and you will always be playing against the dealer. It is an action packed game with plenty of variations. It is in fact the most played card game at casinos and it should be no surprise to you that there are numerous variations of the game with more and more being added on a regular basis.
Types of Blackjack Games
There are lots of different types of blackjack games and each will have their own house edge. Knowing and understanding the house edge is one of the best tips to win real money game. When choosing what blackjack game to play, you need to look at the odds, or house edge first. The higher the house edge the less chance you have of winning. Below are the most popular blackjack variations and their house edge.
- Atlantic City Blackjack - 0.35%
- Bonus Blackjack - 0.39%
- Double Exposure Blackjack - 0.69%
- European Blackjack - 0.39%
- Spanish Blackjack - 0.38%
- Vegas Downtown Blackjack - 0.38%
- Vegas Strip Blackjack - 0.34%
It is important to note that the house edge for these games can differ depending on the site you are playing on so be sure to check before you begin.
How To Win At Blackjack - The Basic Strategy
The basic blackjack strategy is very important and something that you should memorize if you want to learn how to win at blackjack. You apply this during your game. It is simply a set of rules that tell you the correct way to play your hand. The basic strategy will show you when to hit, stand, or double. It takes into account your cards and the dealer's upcard. Using the basic strategy you increase your chances of winning more often. You will find the following terms useful when learning your strategy:
- Hard Hands: this is all hands not containing an Ace
- Soft Hands: this is all hands containing and Ace coupled with a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9
- Pairs: all hands that contain a pair of cards of the same value
The object of any blackjack casino game is to get 21, or as close to it as possible without going over, and beat the dealer's cards. If you are going to use the basic strategy, here are some tips to win:
- Hard Hands: If you have a 9 or lower - hit
If you have a 10 or 11, double down if your total is more than the dealer's upcard; otherwise hit
If you have 12 through 16, hit when the dealer's upcard is 7 or higher; otherwise stand
If you have 17 or higher, stand
- Soft Hands: If you have 13 through 18, double when the dealer's card is 5 or 6
If you have 17 or lower, hit
If you have 18, hit if the dealer's card is 6 or less; stand when the dealer's card is 7 or more
If you have 19 or higher, stand
- Pairs: Always split a pair of 8's or Aces
Never split 10's, 4's, or 5's
Split all other pairs when the dealer's card is 6 or less
How To Win At Blackjack with Casino Bonuses
The casino bonus is one of the many reasons people choose to gambling online. Online casinos provide players with bonuses as a way to encourage gameplay. The best type of offer is the no deposit bonus. This is where the casino gives you free cash to play their games. You can play real money blackjack games and win real cash prizes. This offer is usually reserved for new players and is one you should look for if you want to try the games risk free. The deposit bonus is a standard bonus and most online casinos will offer at least 100% cash match on your deposit. What you need to look at with bonuses is the wagering requirements and game contributions. You need to make sure that blackjack wagers will count towards your playthrough requirements. There are some sites that will offer blackjack specific bonuses and these will be the ones to look for if this is the only game you are going to play.
Top Tips to Win Real Money Blackjack Games
- Pick A Reputable Casino: One of the most important tips to win we can offer is to find a reputable casino. It must be licensed and regulated and we suggest you look for the eCOGRA seal of approval so that you know all games are fair and audited on a monthly basis. You can also read our casino reviews to find the best site for your gaming needs.
- Find the Best Odds: Not all online casinos have the same blackjack games and the odds can be different depending where you play. Some sites may have different rules such as the dealer hitting on a soft 17. Before you play for real money check the rules and the house edge too.
- Use the Blackjack Strategy: The basic strategy will tell you how to play every hand you get. Different casinos may have different strategy cards so be sure to check, otherwise use the basic strategy. It is a good idea to memorize the basic strategy table or keep a copy of it with you. This has been created by experts and is based on mathematical analysis so that you make the right move in all situations.
- Place small wagers until you meet the wagering requirements: Doing this will increase your chances of meeting the wagering requirements. You need to remember that you need to wager your bonus a certain number of times before you become eligible for a withdrawal and you need to make sure that blackjack counts towards the wagering requirements before you start playing.
- Learn the basic rules: Learn the jargon and make sure you know what hit and stand mean. Look at the rules and if possible play free games to learn everything you need to know before playing for real money. Make sure you know the rules for the game you are playing because they can vary. Check if the dealer hits or stands on a soft 17. Is the surrender option available? On what hands can you double down? You can also try some different variations of the game too once you are familiar with the regular blackjack game.
- Go for the big money: If you want to win big you might try playing Triple Sevens Blackjack. This is a progressive jackpot title and if lady luck is working in your favour you could win up to $100,000 or more in a single hand.
- Play free Games: Online casinos have a free or fun play option and you should take advantage of this. Playing practice games with nothing at stake is a great way to learn the rules, and refine your blackjack strategy. When you feel you are good enough you can play for real money.
- Watch you bankroll and set limits: This tip to win blackjack is really more common sense but should always be mentioned. It really is important that you don't lose track of your finances. Don't chase after your losses either and when you win and meet your wagering requirements you should cash out two thirds of your winnings. Set a spending limit before you start playing and stick to it. Remember you can't win all the time and you have to be prepared for losses.